Though traditionally practiced on a futon, shiatsu on the table can offer a versatile addition to your practice, benefitting both you as a practitioner and your clients:
- Work in clinics with limited space
- Client comfort.
- More accessible for clients with mobility issues
- Excellent for neck and back work, allowing the spine to stay in alignment
- Comfort and ease for the practitioner (reduced impact on knees)
Understanding the principles of shiatsu can help you move effortlessly around the couch, in a grounded yet spontaneous way. You will find this highly supportive of your body as you work.
- Completion of Shiatsu Acupressure Course (Year 1)
- Complementary Therapies – Add Shiatsu Acupressure to your skill set
- Shiatsu Practitioners Diploma
Previous training in anatomy and physiology is required as a basic knowledge of Human anatomy and physiology is essential.
You will receive:
- Certification in Table based Acupressure Massage
- Understanding of the core principles of good shiatsu
- Learn the most effective table massage techniques & acupressure points.
- Qi gong and Do-in exercises for self development
Our aim is to equip you in theory, practice and confidence to a high professional standard with close supervision and support throughout.
- Effective Shiatsu Techniques
- Dynamic YANG Techniques
Swift, flowing arm stretches, body sweeps, leg stretches, diagonal openings, dynamic release work and movement to free up tension and stress.
- Stilling YIN Techniques
Palming, holding, point combinations and connections, work with the Extraordinary Vessels, Qi Gong postures and techniques
- How to ground yourself in your legs and feet
Using standing position to support us for long periods of time, use of specific Qi Gong postures like Horse Stance.
- Seated positions
effortless palm healing, hand and foot massage and holding various Yin points such as on the CV Channel, without getting tired.
- Moving from the Hara / Finding your centre of gravity:
Save your own energy by learning to move from your centre to create effortless pressure and dynamic techniques
- Support and Intention
Key principles of shiatsu that can transform the effectiveness of your treatments
- Regular feedback
One to one feed back sessions and support
- Shiatsu Diploma Course
- Seated Acupressure Course
- Regular CPD workshops and advanced practice class
Opportunity to Train in 2 Years
* Are you a qualified Massage Therapist, Physiotherapist, Acupuncturist or similar? The European Shiatsu School is happy to consider individuals transferring skills to gain Direct Entry to this course– applicants are assessed individually via interview
Find out more
Please contact us for more information or have a look at our prospectus