Though traditionally practiced on a futon, shiatsu on the table can offer a versatile addition to your practice, benefitting both you as a practitioner and your clients:
- Work in clinics with limited space
- Client comfort.
- More accessible for clients with mobility issues
- Excellent for neck and back work, allowing the spine to stay in alignment
- Comfort and ease for the practitioner (reduced impact on knees)
Understanding the principles of shiatsu can help you move effortlessly around the couch, in a grounded yet spontaneous way. You will find this highly supportive of your body as you work.
- Completion of Shiatsu Acupressure Course (Year 1 of Shiatsu Diploma)
- Complementary Therapies – Add Shiatsu Acupressure to your skill set
You will receive:
- Certification in Table based Acupressure Massage
- Understanding of the core principles of good shiatsu
- Learn the most effective table massage techniques & acupressure points.
- Qi gong and Do-in exercises for self development
Our aim is to equip you in theory, practice and confidence to a high professional standard with close supervision and support throughout.
- Effective Shiatsu Techniques
- Dynamic YANG Techniques
Swift, flowing arm stretches, body sweeps, leg stretches, diagonal openings, dynamic release work and movement to free up tension and stress.
- Stilling YIN Techniques
Palming, holding, point combinations and connections, work with the Extraordinary Vessels, Qi Gong postures and techniques
- How to ground yourself in your legs and feet
Using standing position to support us for long periods of time, use of specific Qi Gong postures like Horse Stance.
- Seated positions
effortless palm healing, hand and foot massage and holding various Yin points such as on the CV Channel, without getting tired.
- Moving from the Hara / Finding your centre of gravity:
Save your own energy by learning to move from your centre to create effortless pressure and dynamic techniques
- Support and Intention
Key principles of shiatsu that can transform the effectiveness of your treatments
- Regular feedback
With assistant teachers to support the course we can give plenty of one to one feedback in class
- Shiatsu Diploma Course
- Seated Acupressure Course
- Regular CPD workshops and advanced practice class
Find out more
If you would like to find out more information about this course please contact Donna on 07717748852 or firstname.lastname@example.org