Shiatsu Practitioners Diploma 2022-2024
Year 2 and Year 3
24 weekends over 2 years
Training as a Shiatsu Practitioner with The European Shiatsu School Brighton will give you all you need to set up a fully insured and successful Shiatsu practice, effectively diagnosing and treating the public. You will automatically be recognised as a Member of the UK Shiatsu Society and will Gain L4 credits that are recognised by employers and educational establishments. Our emphasis is on developing a refined quality of touch married with an excellent grasp of applied Chinese Medicine Theory.
- Completion of Professional Certificate of Acupressure (Year 1)
- Training in compatible Complementary Therapy – Opportunities to reduce your training time *
You will receive:
- In-depth training into Classically-based Shiatsu, a style which incorporates a deep understanding of classical Chinese medicine and its applications to shiatsu bodywork (via acupressure, movement and touch)
- Training in the practice and therapeutic applications of 18-stance Shinbashi Qi-Gong
- Physiology and Pathology study modules incorporating up to date research into the connective tissues of the body and their relevance to the effectiveness of touch-based therapies
- Membership of the Register of the Shiatsu Society upon graduation
- National Accreditation to L4 with Laser Learning Awards
- All you will need to set up a fully insured and successful shiatsu practice, effectively diagnosing and treating the public
- In-depth training into the theories and practical applications of Classical Chinese Medicine:
Including study into the 5 elements; Vital substance; eight-principles; causes of disease; Zang-Fu patterns of disharmony; diagnostic skills via Hara, Yu, Bo, Source and xi-cleft points; tongue and pulse diagnosis; the theories of the six-divisions
How to diagnose and treat effectively with shiatsu – advancing your quality of touch and sensitivity to Qi
- Point Location and Tsubo Categories
Understanding the function and precise location of 145 acupressure points
Theoretical understanding and Practical treatment of lower back, shoulder, elbow, knee and hip pain
- Use of Moxa, cupping and medicated Oils
- The Therapeutic context and creating your successful Shiatsu business
Client-Practitioner skills, building rapport, how to take a case history, record keeping, ethics and practitioner development.
- Regular feedback and clinical support
Regular one to one feedback sessions with teachers, and 12 supervised days in our specialist student practice clinic throughout the training
This qualification will enable you to gain access to:
• New Acupuncture Diploma (coming September 2023)
• Regular CPD workshops and advanced practice classes
• Table Shiatsu Course
• Seated Acupressure Course
*Opportunity to Train in 2 Years
Are you a qualified Massage Therapist, Physiotherapist, Acupuncturist or similar? The European Shiatsu School is happy to consider individuals transferring skills to gain Direct Entry into the 2nd year of the Diploma course – applicants are assessed individually via interview
Various payment options are available such as monthly instalments, please enquire for details.
Although we offer easy payments terms, starting the course does make you liable to pay the full balance of the fees, whether you complete the course or not.
All fees include registration with LASER learning for course accreditation.
Find out more
Please contact us for more information.