Foundation Course 2023
6 Days (over 3 weekends)
16th 17th Sept / 7th 8th Oct / 28th 29th Oct
This 6 Day Shiatsu Foundation is designed to equip the beginner student with the necessary skills to give good, safe, introductory shiatsu to friends and family. You will learn how to use your own body posture efficiently in order to relax a recipient and boost their energy level. Fun and practically focused, it will also include a comprehensive introduction to the theories of Traditional Chinese medicine and how these can applied to bodywork.
- Complete beginners
- Complementary therapists
You will receive:
- Understanding of the basic/core principles of good Shiatsu
- Shiatsu skills for use on friend and family
- Qigong, Makko ho and Do-inexercises for self development
- Introduction to Classical Chinese Medicine and its applications to shiatsu
- “Shiatsu Foundation Course”book by Chris Jarmey
- Introduction to the theories and practical applications of Classical Chinese Medicine:
Including study into Qi, meridians (channels), tsubos (pressure points); Yin / Yang and the 5 elements
Moving from your Hara with ease; Sequences in prone, supine, side and seated positions; Methods to tonify, calm or disperse Qi
- Qigong, Makko ho and Do-in exercises
Develop your internal vitality and enhance your sensitivity to Qi.
- Practical feedback and support
- Acupressure Diploma
- Regular practice classes
Payment plans available
Various payment options are available such as monthly installments, please enquire for details.
Although we offer easy payment terms, starting the course does make you liable to pay the full balance of the fees, whether you complete the course or not.
Find out more
Please contact us for more information