Seated Acupressure / Onsite Massage Course
Dates for 2021 TBC
Seated Acupressure or On-Site massage is a body massage performed through the clothes whilst seated on a specially designed chair. It incorporates the key acupressure points and adopts all the same principles of shiatsu – moving from your Hara, perpendicular pressure, using your body weight and centre of gravity so as to give an effective and efficient treatment.
This 2 day workshop is ideally suited to 2nd year shiatsu students, shiatsu practitioners and practitioners of other massage and bodywork therapies as continuing practitioner development (CPD), or who simply wish to further their practices and learn new skills.
- Massage Therapists
- Acupressure Diploma students
- Shiatsu Diploma students (Year 2)
- Shiatsu Practitioners
Previous training in massage including anatomy and physiology is required as a basic knowledge of Human anatomy and physiology is essential.
On-site or Seated Acupressure massage is an immediate stress buster, working to relieve tired aching muscles, as well as relieving stress, so as to maintain ones overall health in the long term.
The sequences incorporate over 60 specific stress release acupressure points on the head, neck, shoulders, arms and back, producing the maximum beneficial results in just 20 minutes. Clients are left relaxed and calm yet feeling energised.
Received fully clothed, seated Acupressure can be given anywhere from the office to shopping centres, exhibitions and parties. It is an invaluable addition to anyone’s practice, giving therapists widened opportunities for work
- Successful tried and tested On-site chair massage routine.
- Incorporate over 60 powerful stress release acupressure points
- Relieve tired, aching muscles and reduce stress
- Learn how to massage in a relaxed way without any tension or holding in your own body.
- Attract more clients in their own massage practice.
- Work opportunities in offices and walk in massage centres
Day 1 introduces you to the seated acupressure massage form and to working on the specially designed massage chairs:
- Introduction to working in the chair and to the different types of chair
- How to set up the chair and seat your client.
- Application of pressure through body weight and body mechanics to allow you to complete up to 15, twenty minute sessions in a day.
- Contraindications to use of On-site/seated acupressure massage.
- Correct posture and use of body weight to apply techniques.
- Use of hands, thumbs and forearms to apply pressure.
- The 25 minute Seated Acupressure Massage sequence
By the end of day 2 you will be able to complete both a 10 and 20 minute seated acupressure massage routine, incorporating effective acupressure points:
- Review and fine tune the 20 minute sequence.
- Correct use of posture and body weight
- Identifying and fine-tuning any techniques students are uncertain about.
- Adapting the 20 minute routine to create a 10 minute form for the upper body, back, neck, shoulders, arms and head.
- Shiatsu technique for channels, stretching and joint mobilisation.
- Feedback and guidance on technique.
For more information please see our prospectus and contact you will any further questions