Professional Certificate of Acupressure 2022
8 weekends – January 8+9 – July 23+24
This qualification enables you to start training as a Shiatsu practitioner and Acupuncturist. To receive a:
- Shiatsu Diploma
- Acupuncture Diploma
Our very popular Certification in Acupressure will allow you to gain full insurance to work as a professional therapist, helping you fund your journey to becoming a fully qualified shiatsu practitioner.
You will receive:
- Certification in Acupressure, to practice as a professional therapist
- A solid grounding in Chinese medicine theory (TCM),
- A sound theoretical understanding of the functions of each meridian and diverse shiatsu techniques
- Training in the practice and therapeutic applications of 18-stance Shinbashi Qi-Gong
- Online Anatomy module equivalent to Level 3 – This unique course references both the traditional western Anatomy model and critically examines new paradigms in the field – tensegrity, the cellular matrix and the connective tissue as a communication system.
- 8 practice classes to reinforce learning and to gain an opportunity to meet other members of the school community
- Core text book: “The Complete Shiatsu Guide” Chris Jarmey and Gabriel Mojay
- A solid foundation in the theories and practical applications of Classical Chinese Medicine:
Including study into the 5 elements; Vital substance; Zang-Fu functions; diagnostic skills via Hara, Yu and Source points: looking diagnosis
Methods to tonify, calm or disperse Qi; identifying and working with Kyo and Jitsu in the body; 12 shiatsu sequences covering all major classical meridian; Developing your quality of touch and sensitivity to Qi.
- Point Location and Tsubo Categories
Introduction to the major acupressure points and their uses
- Regular feedback and support
Regular one-to-one feedback sessions and practice classes throughout the training
- Applied understanding of Western Anatomy
A unique course referencing both the traditional western Anatomy model and critically examines new paradigms in the field – tensegrity, the cellular matrix and the connective tissue as a communication system.
Find out more
Please contact us for more information. Payment plans available.