Acupressure Diploma 2018-19
Our very popular Diploma in Acupressure Massage will allow you to gain full insurance to work as a professional therapist, helping you fund your journey to becoming a fully qualified shiatsu practitioner.
Pre-requisites to starting in November (excluding the Foundation Course):
- Foundation Course
- Training in another Complementary Therapy – Opportunities to reduce your training time *
You will receive:
- Certification in Acupressure Massage, to practice Acupressure as a professional
- A solid grounding in diverse shiatsu techniques covering all 12 classical meridians
- A sound theoretical understanding of the functions of each meridian and how they affect the body
- Training in the practice and therapeutic applications of 18-stance Shinbashi Qi-Gong
- On-line Anatomy & Physiology module equivalent to Level 3 – This unique course references both the traditional western A&P model and critically examines new paradigms in the field – tensegrity, the cellular matrix and the connective tissue as a communication system.
- 8 practice classes to reinforce learning and to gain an opportunity to meet other members of the school community
- “The Complete Shiatsu Guide” Chris Jarmey and Gabriel Mojay
- A solid foundation in the theories and practical applications of Classical Chinese Medicine:
Including study into the 5 elements; Vital substance; Zang-Fu functions; diagnostic skills via Hara, Yu and Source points: looking diagnosis
Methods to tonify, calm or disperse Qi; identifying and working with Kyo and Jitsu in the body; 12 shiatsu sequences covering all major classical meridian; Developing your quality of touch; Therapeutic stretches and Cross-fibre techniques.
- Point Location and Tsubo Categories
Introduction to the major acupressure points and their uses
- Regular feedback and support
Regular one-to-one feed back session and practice classes throughout the training
- Applied understanding of Western Anatomy and Physiology
A unique course referencing both the traditional western A&P model and critically examines new paradigms in the field – tensegrity, the cellular matrix and the connective tissue as a communication system.
- Shiatsu Diploma
- Table Shiatsu Course
- Seated Acupressure Course
- Regular practice classes
Opportunity to reduce training time
* Are you a qualified Massage Therapist, Physiotherapist, Acupuncturist or similar? The European Shiatsu School is happy to consider individuals transferring skills to gain Direct Entry into the Shiatsu Acupressure course – applicants are assessed individually via interview
Find out more
Please contact us for more information or have a look at our prospectus