History of ESS Brighton
The European Shiatsu School
Founded in 1985 by internationally renowned Shiatsu teacher, Chris Jarmey, the school has developed a solid reputation for teaching the skills, competence and confidence required for success as a professional shiatsu practitioner. We offer the credibility and resources of one of the world’s most established shiatsu schools, with study facilities within Britain and Europe, plus affiliated schools worldwide.
The European Shiatsu School is an organisation whose objectives are to:
- advance public education in Shiatsu
- carry out research into the therapeutic effects of shiatsu and to publish the useful results.
It is the policy of the school to uphold and enhance the quality of shiatsu. As an Organisation our highly qualified teaching team,continual course development and attention to detail ensures our courses are unlikely to be surpassed in content. Our training strategy along with ongoing supervision and student support is reflected in the high morale and low drop out rate amongst participants.
Aims and Philosophy of the School
There are three basic ideas which underlie the work of the European Shiatsu School. Our aim is to provide the opportunity to:
- effectively help ourselves, our families and our communities to achieve a greater degree of health, awareness and communication through touch;
- minimise the reliance on medical intervention by bringing together some of the most effective healing and lifestyle approaches from both the east and west, and to integrate them into daily living;
- provide Shiatsu studies which can take you beyond the introductory to the practitioner and teaching training levels, and to maintain the highest possible standard of training.
The essence of our philosophy is that we see individual harmony as the key to social harmony. Our role is, therefore, to help you not only to offer competent Shiatsu, but to develop an increased awareness and equilibrium.